Temporary Nonimmigrant Work Visas

There are a number of temporary nonimmigrant visas that allow you to work in the United States:

Each visa has its particular requirements, and some are limited in number.

Permanent Residence

As a worker, you can obtain permanent residence through one of five basic employment-based (EB) categories.

EB1. For those with extraordinary abilityoutstanding professors and researchers, and multinational executives and managers. No labor certification is required.

EB2. For professionals with advanced degrees (or a bachelor’s degree and five years postgraduate progressive experience) and those with exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business. These cases require a labor certification, unless a National Interest Waiver is obtained.

EB3. For skilled workers, professionals, and other workers. A labor certification is required.

EB4. For religious workers and broadcasters. No labor certification is required.

EB5. For investors.


Comments are closed.